- Minimum arcane/elemental/noxious resist: 120k each
- Can be done with a well geared solo heal
- Powerfeed recommended
- Once you enter castle through inner courtyard, a quest is auto added to your journal with countdown of 8mins. If you successfully kill all Blackhand Loyalist inside the castle under 8 minutes you will receive an achievement “Turncoat Cutthroat“, rewards you Status Points and Ferrin.
- Achievement: “Elemental executioner” – Land a deathblow on Shograh (3) with either cold or heat damage. Rewards Status Points and Ferrin.
- Achievement: “The Fire is So Delightful” – Defeat Gudre Blackhand (5) without burning any tapestries. Rewards Status Points and Ferrin.
- a : Opens the doors to inner courtyard
- b : House item “Castle Highhold Chest“. Can be looted after you kill the last name.
- Tank n spank
- Spawns adds on random group members (indicated by incurable curse) which can be ignored with a well geared group, otherwise burn adds as they spawn
- Auto attack multiplier is increased by the amount increment name gets. He gets 1 increment for each 1% hp you take away. At about 30% HP (70 increments) he starts hitting really hard. Make sure you have some of your temps ready when tanking, and healers should throw in a death prevent at the last few %.
(2) Va’tak Telaris
- Before you enter the room with this name, you can see stacks of boxes around. This is where certain players will have to stand to counter the script.
- As soon as you engage the name you’re gonna get teleported near one stack of these boxes. Make sure to jump on that stack as soon as you’re ported. Tank doesn’t need to do so, as the DoT is mostly absorbed and healed through.
- During the fight he will cast a certain spell (yellow text of warning appears). Black fire appears on the floor. Anyone not standing on one of the boxes will receive a huge DoT.
- The longer this fire stays around more potency is lowered from each player. With a low DPS group potency can easily go down to 0!
- On the roof above one of stacks of boxes a purple circle appears. Location is random every time.
- One or more designated players will have to climb on top of these boxes and click the circle above them (with purple particle effect). This will remove the black fire and also return back the potency you had.
- For easier search for the circle, you can use this ACT trigger which will announce it whenever you jump on the stack which has the circle above it:
<Trigger R="You uncover a relic of power near the ceiling" SD="Circle is above you" ST="3" CR="F" C=" Castle Highhold [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- Best to clear area north of this names location and tank him in a corner to counter the knockback you get from killing adds.
- As soon as you engage, everyone in the group will get a curse. As long as this curse is up, adds will spawn with players names. Adds can be ignored and instead group should be focused on the name.
- In case a player with curse dies, a huge glob will spawn and they will not be able to revive or be resurrected as long as that glob lives. Kill the big glob in order to be able to revive the dead group member.
- Most important aspect of this fight is to cure these curse as soon as possible. For every curse you have, you’ll get additional adds.
- Every time someone kills the wrong add with wrong type of damage it explodes, dealing some minor AOE damage, and knocks back everyone near it.
(4) Sa’Dax Senshali
- Clear the whole inner courtyard area of mobs
- Engage the name and tank him near castle entrance door, in one of the corners while the rest of the group is in opposite corner. This counters knocks back from a non aggro adds he spawns called Dark Lucilite.
- At 25, 50 and 75% of HP he does a script (a fun primary color quiz, sorta 🙂 ):
- Name becomes immune and teleport itself on one of the platforms above you.
- Colored text appears on the screen in one of 3 possible colors
- 3 colored spheres appear on the ground in the middle of courtyard
- You have to click the right 2 spheres, which combined give the color that matches the color of text that appeared when the name teleported
- Purple Text = Blue Sphere + Red Sphere. ACT warning trigger:
<Trigger R="\\#8000FFPurple lights glow about Sa'Dax as he teleports skyward\." SD="Blue and Red" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- Green Text = Blue Sphere + Yellow Sphere. ACT warning trigger:
<Trigger R="\\#00FF00Green lights glow about Sa'Dax as he teleports skyward\." SD="Yellow and Blue" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- Orange Text = Red Sphere + Yellow Sphere. ACT warning trigger:
<Trigger R="\\#FF8000Orange lights glow about Sa'Dax as he teleports skyward\." SD="Yellow and Red" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- When you click the two corresponding spheres, you’re teleported on the platform where name is located. Instead of targeting the name, who’s immune at the moment, target the platform bellow him and burn it.
- Once platform is destroyed, the name becomes vulnerable again.
- This script runs a total of 3 times, each time on a different platform. Each platform has a unique incurable detriment:
- Green = ‘Vex Poisoning’, 400k poison damage every 4 seconds.
- Orange = ‘Kelorra Spikes’, Reduces healing received by 25%
- Purple = ‘Xakra Toxin’, Massive power drain.
- If you take too long selecting the right spheres, you screen turns black and white and you can no longer click the spheres. A shadow mob will appear. You will have to kill it, to be able to click the spheres again.
(5) Gudre Blackhand
- Nasty fight because of a ‘heavy script’
- [As of December update, this part is no longer required and increments can be ignored (the script can still be ran properly though)] Before you engage the name, take a loot around the room. You’ll notice 10 or so tapestries hanging around. During your battle with the name, you will gain increments (located in your detriments window). When you reach 10 increments you will have short time to click on one of the tapestries to transfer the fire. This will cause you to lose all increments but will also spawn a couple of adds. If you don’t click a tapestry in time, you will die.
I usually like to start tanking from first tapestry to the left as you enter, then you move clockwise as you slowly use up all tapestries. Once all tapestries have been set afire, you’ll stop gaining new increments, and all you have to do is burn the name
- Name has several spells and abilities at his disposal:
- “Centien Favor“. He casts it at 85%, 65%, 45% and 25%. At least 4 players MUST click on him (with your left mouse button click) before he finishes casting that spell, otherwise he’ll heal for a lot of points and go berzerk. Here’s ACT trigger with audio warning to help you, there are 3 separate emotes for that single spell:
<Trigger R="\\aNPC -?\d+ [^:]+:Gudre Blackhand\\/a says, "I've wielded a sword longer than you've drawn breath!"" SD="Interrupt!" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
<Trigger R="\\aNPC -?\d+ [^:]+:Gudre Blackhand\\/a says, "You cannot hope to escape here with your lives!"" SD="Interrupt name" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
<Trigger R="\\aNPC -?\d+ [^:]+:Gudre Blackhand\\/a says, "You shall not take from me what was promised!"" SD="Interrupt name" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- “Stunning Thresher Shark” – frontal power drain (trauma det)
- “Pelican Dive” – memwipe, must be cured as soon as possible (noxious det)
- “End Around” – group detarget and stifle (elemental det)