- Minimum arcane/elemental/noxious resist: 140k each.
- Preferably done with two healers.
- Recommended powerfeed.
- Achievement: “Wrek Shop” – don’t allow any adds to reach (2) Wrek Shralok during this fight. Rewards Status Points and Ferrin.
- Achievement: “Tread Carefully” – don’t step on any spiders while fighting (5) Thresinet. Rewards Status Points and Ferrin.
- Achievement: “Curtain Cleaner” – kill all urzarach within the castle. All 15 of them can be found along south and south eastern outer wall (Marked by green line). Rewards Status Points and Ferrin.
- a : House item “Urzarach Cocoon“. Can be looted after you kill the last name.
(1) Kladnog Shralok
- Name is roaming around castle courtyard.
- Clear the area of all Shraloks first, or they will come rushing to assist Kladnog as soon as you engage him.
- As you fight this name, he’ll cast “Shralok Infection“, a curable curse he’ll put on a random player. This player will then start spawning green puddles.These puddles will grow over time.
- You must move fast to avoid touching them. If you step into one of these you will get a nasty noxious detriment and stifle.
- Cures are essential to this fight. Cure the curse and noxious detriment as fast as possible.
- Fight itself is is simple as long as your cure and move away from the green stuff.
- Once you clear the thrash mobs, it’s advised to pull him to one end of the courtyard, and then slowly move towards the center, as that part of courtyard gets filled with green puddles.
(2) Wrek Shralok
- Name is non aggro as you approach it. In order to start the fight, tank has to click on the bones laying on the ground.
- A few moments after you engage him, a set of adds will spawn (can’t be attacked), one in South and one in North tower. They will slowly start crawling down the hallway towards the name. If they reach the name, they will merge with him and name becomes stronger, and also heal him for ~30%.
- To counter these adds from reaching the name, you will have to move boxes (like house furniture) to middle of the corridor. These boxes are located along both north and south corridor walls. Designate one person who will quickly move these boxes in middle of hallway. When adds reach them, they stop for a moment, hit and destroy the box and then start moving forward again. Each box gets you about 5 more seconds.
- The ideal solution for this is to designate one person for south wall and one person for north wall. Once these boxes become clickable (some 10s into fight), they move them fast in middle of hallway then return back to the name.
- Pay attention to ‘traps‘ appearing along this entire hallway. They are like boney/root cage that roots you, and also damages you, quite possible killing you right away if you’re squishy.
- If your group is doing group avg 12m parse, then boxes can be ignored and you can just straightforward burn this name
(3) Vexven Muchtail
- After you kill Wrek, a number of Mucktails appear all around the courtyard.
- In order to spawn third name you will have to keep killing these mucktails.
- Don’t grab too many mobs, you don’t want too many adds along the fight, because fight is a bit complicated.
- This name has 4 scripts, each has to be countered in it’s own manner:
- Red text says “Vexven hunts nearby for souls!“. Interrupt the named mob or you will be power drain and the mob will heal himself. ACT warning Trigger:
<Trigger R="\\#FF0000Vexven's spirit has a taste for mana\.\.\." SD="Interrupt needed soon" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold: Thresinet's Den [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- Red text says “Vexven hunts beyond for souls!“. This means anyone standing away from the name will be lifeleached and name will heal. To counter this be within melee range of the name. ACT warning trigger:
<Trigger R="\\#FF0000Vexven hunts beyond for souls\.\.\." SD="Get in" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold: Thresinet's Den [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- Red text says “Vexvens pirit has a taste for mana!“. This means anyone standing near the name will be power drained and name will heal. To counter this joust 15m away from the name. ACT warning trigger:
<Trigger R="\\#FF0000Vexven hunts nearby for souls\.\.\." SD="Get out" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold: Thresinet's Den [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- Yellow text says “Vexvens draws out your hidden rage!“. Adds will spawn on each member. Still not sure what exactly they do, they seem like regular adds, but burning them down faster will help so you can move safely to counter other scripts. You can’t target your own add. ACT warning trigger:
<Trigger R="\\#FF0000The rabid spirit of Vexven draws out your hidden rage!" SD="Adds incoming" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold: Thresinet's Den [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- Name is located on upper balcony in castle hall. You will have to clear adds in front of it before pulling the name.
- Best tank spot I’ve found for this is right upstairs near entrance to main chamber. Tank stands on the doorway, with the rest of the group inside the small passageway to main chamber.
- Name has a nasty frontal so make sure you’re positioned correctly.
- 3 times during the fight name will cast “withdrawal” and teleport on top of the world globe in middle of the room. A lot of adds will pop up.
- Now this is the tricky part. First entire group will get arcane det, and then a few seconds later also a noxious detriment. Whoever gets his noxious det cured first is the person who’s gonna get aggro from all the incoming adds.
- The trick to doing this right is wait for the group to get noxious det, then use single target cure on the tank! This will force all adds to go right for the tank instead of random group members (which is the result of group cure!). After that it’s safe to use group cure.
- Once adds are killed, you will have to move towards that globe to a minimum range distance and range the name. Closer you are to the globe, harder you get hit by pulse damage, but also higher your critical chance is. After some time name will come back running towards the group. Pull it back to the previous tanking position.
(5) Thresinet (Epic X2)
- Heavily scripted, two part fight. Be ready for some running around the room.
- Part 1, cocoons and boxes
- As soon as you enter final chamber you’ll notice five stacks of boxes and name in the middle.
- During the first part of this fight name is permarooted. If you attack it, directly or through AoE, you will get incurable fear and about ~50% of your max HP damage every 2 seconds. It’s a certain death, so avoid using any AoE that hit everyone you’re engaged with, like Dagger Storm for example.
- If you move away from the boxes where name sees you, red text appears and name starts casting a spell. If by the time it finishes casting you’re not behind boxes again you will get hit by high noxious damage. The trick to survival of first part of the fight is to stay behind boxes at all times.
- There are four cocoons near each stack of boxes, except for the one near the entrance. In order for second part of the fight to start these have to be destroyed.
- When you engage Thresinet these cocoon are not targetable and can’t be attacked. In order for them to become targetable name has to be “stunned”. This is done by auto attacking the name from behind. There are two ways to do this correctly:
- Send in pets that attack from behind (Note however not all pets do this. If your pet doesn’t hit from behind, you will get that nasty incurable fear with damage and certainly die). Pets like scout shadows always attack from behind! Use this to your advantage if you have swashy, brigand, assassin or ranger in the group. (I don’t know much about mage pets, but from what I’ve seen these don’t attack from behind normally, unless caster is already behind the name.
- Second way is much more riskier. It involves two players, both standing at opposite sides of room, still behind boxes. One player will move away from boxes so that name can start casting that spell. Name then gets locked looking to position where that player is while casting that spell. Casting takes about 4 seconds. As soon as first player runs out of cover and name starts casting the spell, the other player (who is now located on opposite side of room and therefore facing names ass) will have to run in and melee the name from behind. Do not use combat arts or spells or you will get that nasty fear with damage and die. If second player isn’t fast enough, when name finishes casting the spell will automatically face the second player now. Again, if you hit it anywhere but back you get that fear and die. Basically one player distracts the name, while other one sneaks in from behind and whacks it on its ass.
- As soon as the name is hit from behind, it becomes immune and lays on the floor inactive. This makes those four cocoons attackable and you get about 30 seconds before name wakes up and you have to hit it from behind again.
- Keep repeating that process until all four cocoons are destroyed and second part of the fight can begin.
- The cocoons also spawn adds. Adds are regular and slow moving. However it is highly advised you kill all the adds before you destroy fourth cocoon, so you don’t complicate the fight further.
- Part 2, name fight
- As soon as you destroy fourth cocoon, name is no longer permarooted and can now be attacked like a normal mob.
- Tank should act quickly to switch target to name and grab her before she starts running around killing squishies.
- Tank it in the middle of the room, atop the round rug.
- Name hits twice as hard from behind or if you’re away from it. Make sure you’re standing bellow her belly and burn it.
- Occasionally it will call out one person and face them. She starts casting a spell which will spawn webs on players who stayed behind the name and will then memwipe. These are root ‘adds/npc’ and have to be targeted and destroyed as soon as they spawn. Or the person who gets caught in them will get rooted until they’re gone. ACT warning trigger:
<Trigger R="\\#FF0000Thresinet ignores+" SD="Memwipe and Web" ST="3" CR="T" C="Castle Highhold: Thresinet's Den [Heroic]" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
- Has 2 crippling abilities
- Armor Erosion – curable noxious detriment which lowers your mitigation, can be interrupted
- Extract Life – curable curse which will drain and transfer health from the cursed player onto the name. Cure as fast as possible! Cannot be interrupted.
- Designate one person (preferably scouts or fighters who can cast while moving) who will do “spider routine“.
- At 30% HP name starts spawning non aggro spiders. These spiders come from the ceiling. For each of these spiders that are close to the name, her auto attack multiplier will increase.
- To prevent this, the designated player will have to run circles around the name and step on them (don’t have to attack or anything, just walk over them), which kills them.