- Minimum arcane/elemental/noxious resist: 100k each
- Can be done with one moderately geared healer
- Achievement “El Avatar” – Defeat the Fiery Effigy of Clotl’thoa (5) after allowing his Lavator to stack up to 10 at least once during the fight. Rewards Status Points and Ferrin.
- a : Achievement “Vantage Point“. Just before you engage the third name, across the bridge that leads to this area, there’s a pile of rocks. If you climb these rocks and then up the rock wall you’ll be able to get to the top area, just above the third name. Rewards Status Points and Ferrin.
- b : House item “Zavithloa Mushroom“. Can be looted after you kill the last name.
(1) Defender Honu
- First clear the first platform marked with red circle on the map above
- Get everyone to stack in a circular bone to prevent knockback
Name is on another platform with two standing mobs. They are not linked, so name can be safely body pulled.
- After the tank pulls the name, tank should also jump in the bone circle and make sure name faces the group (no frontal damage)
- Name casts spell “rear guard” which can one shot anyone standing behind him (that’s why name must face the group)
- Name also knocks back, which can be prevented if you’re hugging the inside wall of the bone circle
(2) Pterotrainer Yu’lua
- Clear the second platform before you engage the name
- Pull the name inside the cavern he’s facing to prevent from knockbacking from platform down to the bottom
- Adds will swoop in on a person marked with red particle effect
- It’s a simple tank n spank, but name does some moderate AoE damage
- If you’re struggling with keeping the group alive, then try burning the adds. Otherwise, focus just on the name.
- Healer(s) should try and cure curse, though the DOT is easy to heal through by moderately geared healer
(3) Obsidian Warrior Koa, Lavacrafter Peleina & Augur Kaimanu
- Clear the third platform and climb up to the top of the ramp. Once you reach the top 3 non-aggro NPCs will despawn and 3 linked names will appear.
- Each name has special role in this battle:
- Augur Kaimanu will heal the encounter BUT is permarooted, so he won’t follow you around.
- Obsidian Warrior Koa moves normally. His ability is to mark a certain person in the group (red text appears)
- Lavacrafter Peleina is very slow. His ability is called “Lava Blade“. If a marked member of your group comes close to this name when he casts that spell, they will die instantly
- The trick with these guys is to fight them separately
- At this point the group should be on top of that ramp near the idol. Tank goes a bit back down the ramp until he can get one of the names in the line of sight and pulls the encounter
- Tank brings Obsidian Warrior to the top where the group burns him, all while the Lavacrafter walks slowly up the ramp and Augur stays behind out of healing range
- Burn Obsidian Warrior fast in order to prevent him from marking you. In case second name arrives at the top and Obsidian Warrior is not dead yet, then pull him back down, though not all the way (or Augur will heal them).
- After Obsidian Warrior dies, burn Lavacrafter at location away from the Augur, then go finish off the healer.
- After all 3 are dead, someone needs to go back up the ramp to click on the statue, in order to open passage to the next name
(4) High Priest Hamanu’akaloa
- Tank n spank
- Spawns two types of adds:
- Lava golem – regular add
- Explosive globs – when explode they deal huge AoE damage, can sometimes one shot squishies
- The most important aspect of this fight is interrupt. You MUST keep interrupting “Magma for Blood” or he will heal himself for 50% of his max HP.
- From what I’ve seen this spell has no recovery cooldown, so he can cast it several times in a row in a very short period of time, and tends to spam it towards the final few % of his HP
(5) Fiery Effigy of Clotl’thoa
- Clear the final platform of all adds
- Tank needs to approach the name in order for it to become aggro
- There are two phases of fighting this mob, and they interchange:
- While fighting the name in lava:
- Can be damaged
- Increments increase (Shown under target’s active effects)
- Higher increments means higher damage is done to the group and name takes less damage
- While fighting the name out of lava
- Can’t be damaged
- Increments decrease
- Adds spawn (they’re easy to handle)
- A special mob (when selected it’s marked with white circle with no name over it) will spawn from time to time. It won’t fight the group but will run towards the name. It must be killed fast, otherwise it the name will heal if it reaches him
- What you want to do is keep the name out of lava until increments go all the way down to 0, then pull him back in.
- After 8th increment name starts hitting hard and can take out the tank in a one or two shots. That’s when you pull him out if lava and wait until increments drop.
- Repeat this process until it’s dead. And remember to keep an eye on those healer adds